January 19, 2011

The Cutest. Medical. Problem. Ever.

You may not have noticed it, but my son is missing something.


His neck.

Some days Cruz looks exactly like Tovi, and other days I can't see either of us in him at all. 
Blonde hair, blue eyes, built like a bruiser.


I was cleaning out his neck folds the other day (yes! neck folds!) and noticed that he had red splotches in the creases. It got worse over the next few days, and his normal baby lotion didn't seem to help relieve the redness.
I took him into our doctor and she told me that moisture was getting trapped in the chub.
Adorable!

She told us to up the tummy time so that his neck will actually get some exposure and to use her favorite cureall-- breastmilk. Remember how the dad in "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" put Windex on everything? That's how she feels about breastmilk. And so far, she's right. 

But I have yet to see if it will help him grow a new neck. 


{ps: Cruz, should you ever read this and be completely mortified at age 15, this post earns you one night of getting out of curfew free. I promise.} 

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments make my day. xo.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...