March 19, 2011

For The March Bride

The invitations are sent.
Your dress is ready to be picked up.
Your mom is coming. Your bridesmaids are packing their bags.

After years of dreaming, after months of planning, you will walk down the aisle and say two words that will change your life. 

I do... promise to put your needs before mine.
I do... promise to put God before both of us.
I do... promise to trust that you'll do the same. 


I will stand up there for you, a witness to the miracle that occurs when you and he make a marriage covenant with God. 
Truly, it is a miracle.
Treat your marriage like a new baby... guard it, protect it, look at in wonder.
Tell strangers about your marriage and nearly burst with pride.
Google its milestones incessantly.
{nope, wait, that's me}


And because every brides needs something old and borrowed...
Love never gives up.
   Love cares more for others than for self.
   Love doesn't want what it doesn't have.
   Love doesn't strut,
   Doesn't have a swelled head,
   Doesn't force itself on others,
   Isn't always "me first,"
   Doesn't fly off the handle,
   Doesn't keep score of the sins of others,
   Doesn't revel when others grovel,
   Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth,
   Puts up with anything,
   Trusts God always,
   Always looks for the best,
   Never looks back,
   But keeps going to the end.



{with love}

3 comments:

  1. Becca, I love how you said this:
    I do... promise to put your needs before mine.
    I do... promise to put God before both of us.
    I do... promise to trust that you'll do the same.

    simple, beautiful and very powerful.

    wise words.

    Is your love never gives up from 1 cor?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post! A good, sweet friend, you are! Xo, Co

    ReplyDelete

comments make my day. xo.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...