April 17, 2011

Finding Love

I've been thinking about a lot of things lately.
Like the role of Planned Parenthood in our country.
How to curl my hair with a curling iron. 
Living without a microwave.
(That last one is a serious style-cramp on my Trader Joe's based lifestyle, by the way.)
And what the heck am I doing with this blog.

Because, as it turns out, people are reading it.
In the last five months, this blog has been read over 12,000 times.
Frankly, I am staggered by that number.
Humbled. Challenged. Overjoyed.
so... Thank you! From the deep, dark bottom of my heart, thank you.

Writing a blog is interesting in that it's happening in real time and space. It's interactive, but I don't always know who I am interacting with.
You might be my mom and Grandma, who are probably thinking, "more pictures please!"
You might be my dad and Grandpa thinking, "Did we forget to teach her about avoiding sentence fragments?" And also, "more pictures."
Maybe we went to high school together and you read this blog, marveling that someone our age would be choosing to have a baby rather than go to grad school.
Are you pregnant? A new mom? Maybe you read this and think, "I will never make that mistake! Thank goodness."
Maybe you are trying to get pregnant, or are single but longing for a family. You read this, and it might cut you to the core because I seem to have what you want. And even though it hurts, you keep reading.

But whatever has brought you here, I hope that just one time I have shared something that made you think,
You too? I thought I was the only one.
As I think about where this blog will go in the next few months, that is the thought that keeps propelling me forward.
You are not alone.
I am small, flawed, insecure, jealous, and sometimes I leave our dinner dishes in the sink for far too long. And I'll keep sharing those things because you keep telling me that it makes you say, "you too?"
Over the next few weeks, I'll be sharing the story of Cruz's birth and of Finding Love. 
There are parts of this story that I am scared to share with you, but I will because I am certain that I am not the only one. 

(And did I mention, thank you? Thanks for letting me share my life and my heart with you. Let's be besties, mmmkay?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments make my day. xo.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...