November 18, 2010

Thanksgiving: For Meals

Cruz Justin, you don't know this yet, but you were eagerly hoped for and joyfully welcomed into the world by a cast of hundreds. You have already been held and snuggled by a lot of people, but there are so many incredible people left for you to meet, and I can't wait for you to get to know all of them over the years.

And you don't even know about the holidays yet! Cruz, when we were at Williams-Sonoma yesterday, smelling the pumpkin bread (Um, talk about torture! I'm trying out gluten/dairy/soy free pumpkin bread today. Wish me luck!), I started to tell you about Thanksgiving. But the ladies working there gave me the Stank Eye for talking to my sleeping baby, and I didn't get to finish everything that I wanted to say.

So here we are, one week before Thanksgiving Day, and there is so much to be thankful for. 



Today we are thankful for the meals our friends have brought over. Each one has been made with love and care. To those of you who have brought over meals, please know that we feel incredibly blessed. Even when my diet needed to change dramatically, you all graciously rose to the occasion. It has allowed us incubate our little family and focus on each other rather than chores. During our Bible time, Cruz and I just read about the Last Supper, and it reminded me again that food is so central to our faith, our community, our way of love. Something spiritual happens when we share food. The same math that turns 1+1 into 3 and changes a few loaves and fishes into a feast. We now have an overflowing refrigerator and with each bite, I remember, "We are loved. Cruz is loved." We are so thankful for you.

(I'm also thankful for these little piggies!)

1 comment:

  1. Sweet community, sweet communion, sweet little piggies! Auntie Beth

    ReplyDelete

comments make my day. xo.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...