November 16, 2010

Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep


When Cruz was about two weeks old, we started reading the Bible together. I had been missing my daily Bible study at church and knew that, realistically, I wouldn't be able to keep up with such an intensive study. So every day I read out loud from the book of John. I choose John because he was the "beloved disciple." The phrase that I pray over and over for Cruz is that he is "healthy, happy and strong in the Lord." That he would some day see himself as a beloved disciple of Christ is all that my mamaheart wants for him. So each morning I read a chapter, and we are now almost done with the whole book. We sit in his rocker, snuggled under a blanket and I have the privilege of whispering the Truth into his ear.

After a few days of this routine, I began to realize that Scripture puts Cruz to sleep like a charm.

Now, I am sure he is neither the first nor the last to fall asleep to Scripture. The Lord knows how many times I've drifted off during sermons or fallen asleep within minutes (seconds) of starting to pray. But we are now cruising through the Bible because I use this as a way to get him to sleep. All. The. Time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments make my day. xo.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...